I'm a UK based Freelance Information Graphics Editor specialising in Data Visualization, Infographics and Scientific Illustration. Something that has always captured my imagination is nature and wildlife. Due to this I studied a course on Mammal Ecology and Conservation by the University of Exeter, which combined with my BA (Hons) in Graphic Design and Illustration, have led me to work in this specific area. In my spare time, I work on Mammal Next Door, an online magazine about British mammals for young people. Our aim is to raise the awareness and understanding of mammal species in the UK. To achieve this, the website has been created to provide people with ecological, biological and field sign knowledge to enthuse young people about mammals and hopefully increase the recording of mammal presence in the UK landscape.
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design & Illustration | Escuela Superior de Diseño de Madrid (Spain), 2008-2012.
- Drawing Nature, Science and Culture:
Natural History Illustration | The University of
Newcastle (Australia), 2016.
- Certificate of Continuous Professional Development in Mammal Ecology and Conservation | University of Exeter (UK), 2015-2016.
Luckily I’ve had the pleasure of working on projects for agencies and organisations such as The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, The World Economic Forum and The Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts.
- Organisations GIZ, The Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts, The United Nations (UNFCCC), World Economic Forum.
- Universities Royal Holloway University of London, University of Reading.
- Publishers and media Apex, Ara Llibres, Edelvives, El País Semanal, Libero, Macmillan Education, Santillana, USA Today Sports.
- Companies Acciona, Canon, Cisco, Flora Earth Ltd, Kellogg's, Lenovo, Montclare, Novartis, TransUnion, Vistaprint, Vodafone.
- Agencies Design Resources (UK), EO Visual Information (Spain), Kaizen Search Marketing (UK), Leaf Group (USA), MVF Global (UK), Raw Illusions (UK), Spafax (Canada), Wearebold (Spain).
My proudest moments and achievements include various Malofiej and ÑH awards which are given by the Society for News Design (SNDE), and the Grand Laus. Currently, I'm a member of the committee of Il·lustraciència, International Award on Scientific Illustration, sponsored by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness and the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT).
- Selected | Il·lustraciència, International Award on Scientific Illustration, 2017.
- Selected | Il·lustraciència, International Award on Scientific Illustration, 2015.
- Silver medal in illustration's portfolio category. | ÑH10 (The best of journalistic design in Spain and Portugal), 2013.
- Bronze medal. Illustrations for 'Mi once más seis' (Líbero) | ÑH10 (The best of journalistic design in Spain and Portugal), 2013.
- Grand Laus. The best among Gold awards. Student category Design | Laus Awards, 2013.
- Gold medal. The best among Silver awards. Student category Design | Laus Awards, 2013.
- First Prize Student category Design | Col·lectiu Muuu, 2012.
- Honorable mention in illustration's portfolio category | ÑH9 (The best of journalistic design in Spain and Portugal), 2012.
- Silver medal | Malofiej20, SNDE (Society for News Design), 2012.
- Honorable mention illustrations for 'Del boicot a las reformas a la matanza planificada' (Público) | ÑH8 (The best of journalistic design in Spain and Portugal), 2011.
Publications & Conferences
- Naturalmente magazine | The Natural History Museum of Madrid, 2015.
- 'Raw Data: Infographic Designers Sketchbooks' | Steven Heller and Rick Landers. Thames & Hudson, 2014.
- 'The Laus Book' | ADG-FAD, 2013.
- Creative Pool | Gestalten, 2013.
- Typo_Mad | Madrid, Spain. 2013.
- Escola Muuu | Lleida, Spain. 2012.
I also volunteer with the Oxon and Berkshire Mammal Groups, being out in the field learning first-hand about the animals that we’re sharing knowledge about. Always willing to work with new people and learn new things. I’m a versatile perfectionist who will put my heart and soul into any project I work on.
Current: Freelance Information Graphics Editor & Scientific Illustrator